Advance your turf management knowledge at your pace with GreenKeeper University.
Our team of renowned turfgrass professors, researchers and practitioners have moved to our courses to a 100% self-paced format. This means students can enroll in courses at any time and view hundreds of hours of lecture material on their own timeline. Our new learning management software automatically tracks student progress towards either an Introductory Certificate in Turfgrass Science or GKU Diploma.
The new Introductory Certificate course in GKU covers the principles of turfgrass science with a golf-turf focus, ranging from turf selection to soil fertility and pest management. This program is recommended for those new to the industry or those with experience wanting to update their practices. Students earn a certificate immediately upon completion of the program.
The advanced courses build on the fundamentals of turf science and management. These courses are a deep dive into their topic areas, taught by experts in their respective fields. While the Introductory GKU course is not a prerequisite to enroll in the Advanced courses, past turf management experience or education is recommended to excel in the Advance courses.
GreenKeeper University self-enrollment opens us on Monday, November 20, 2023. Students will have immediate access to the content upon registration. Learn more and enroll at GreenKeeperApp.com.
Invest in yourself with GreenKeeper University
Learn More About Our Courses
GreenKeeper University courses are full of hours of content. Explore the different courses, content and instructors below.
Check out the Intro Course Content & Instructors
- Cool-Season Turfgrasses – Dr. Bill Kreuser
- Warm-Season Turfgrasses & Ornamentals – Dr. Aaron Patton
- Turf Establishment – Dr. Zac Reicher
- Turf Growth & PGRs – Dr. Bill Kreuser
- Abiotic Stress Management – Dr. Bill Kreuser
- Soil Properties & Problems – Dr. Doug Soldat
- Soil Nutrients & Fertility – Dr. Doug Soldat
- Irrigation & Drainage – Dr. Alec Kowalewski
- Turf Cultivation & Rolling – Dr. Thom Nikolai
- Integrated Pest Mangement & Pesticides – Drs. Paul Koch and Jim Kerns
- Cool-season Diseases – Dr. Paul Koch
- Warm-Season Diseases – Dr. Jim Kerns
- Turf Insects – Dr. Glen Obear
- Turf Weeds – Dr. Aaron Patton
- Turf Benefits & Sustainability – Dr. Frank Rossi
- Golf Course Management – Chris Tritabaugh
- Sport Turf Management – Dr. Evan Mascitti
- Lawn Care & Sod Production – Dr. Zac Reicher
- Precision Turf Management – Dr. Bill Kreuser
- Calibration, Turf Math & GreenKeeper App – Dr. Bill Kreuser
Earn a GKU diploma with these Advanced Courses
Complete 18 credit hours of content to earn your GKU diploma in Turfgrass Science and Management
- Causes & Management of Turf Stress (2 cr.) – Dr. Kreuser
- Cultivation and Management of Putting Greens – Dr. Nikolai
- Diseass of Cool-Season Turfgrasses (2cr.) – Dr. Koch
- Diseass of Warm-Season Turfgrasses (2cr.) – Dr. Kerns
- Mastering Management Communication (1 cr.) – Michael D. Morris, CGCS
- Precision Turf Management (2 cr.) – Dr. Kreuser
- Programming PGR Applications (1 cr.) – Dr. Kreuser
- Responsible Pesticide Use (2 cr.) – Dr. Koch
- Turf Soil Management (1 cr.) – Dr. Soldat
- Turf Drainage (1 cr.) – Dr. Kowaleski
- Turf Fertilization (1 cr.) – Dr. Soldat
- Turf Irrigation (1 cr.) – Dr. Soldat
- Understanding and Using Soil Testing (1 cr.) – Dr. Soldat
- Weed Indentification and Control (3 cr.) – Dr Patton